Nursery Admissions for September 2019
Schools in Hertfordshire are responsible for the admissions of children to Nursery and set a local admissions policy.
For children born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016 applications can be made for a nursery place starting in September 2019. These must be made directly through the school (please see below for more details). Application forms can be downloaded from the school website or collected from the school office.
Timeline for Nursery applications
15th March 2019 - Nursery applications close for on time applications (applications can be accepted at any point after this date, but will be dealt with after on time applications)
26th April 2019 - Nursery places are offered to families by email
3rd May 2019 - Deadline for accepting Nursery places
(From 3rd May onwards we can continue to accept applications and allocate nursery places to children dependant on availability)
All children will be offered 15 hours of free provision with up to a maximum of 36 children. The provision will comprise of four mornings - Monday to Thursday between 8.45 am – 12.30 pm
If applications to Springmead Nursery exceed the number of places available, then the following set of admission criteria, or rules, are used to decide which children to offer places to in this priority order:
1. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school will be allocated a place in accordance with section 324 of the Education Act 1996. Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
2. Children in public care (children looked after).
3. Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
4. Children who have a sibling at the school at the time of application, unless the sibling is in the last year of the normal age-range of the school i.e. Year 6.
5. Those who live nearest to the nursery as measured in a straight line calculated by the following distance calculator
Administration of admissions
Governors on our Local School committee have agreed these admission arrangements and are kept fully informed of the management and implementation of these arrangements.
Parents and carers will have the opportunity to visit the nursery to discuss our admission arrangements.
Any appeals against non – admission will be submitted to the Chair of Governors to be dealt with by the full Local Schools Committee.
Click here for more information.