Aims and Values
Our school has very clear aims and values which underpin everything that we do and every decision that we make.
We build our school vision around three key pillars:
Our vision for growth
To encourage a culture of ‘no limits’ learning where children are aspirational and strive for excellence in order to grow and flourish.
Our vision for respect
To provide a supportive and caring environment where diversity is celebrated and everyone is valued and treated with respect, including ourselves.
Our vision for learning
To provide high quality learning experiences that are purposeful, challenging and fun and that encourage all children to reach their full potential.
We expect children, staff, parents and governors to adopt the ‘Springmead Way’ of care, respect and self-control in everything that we do. Our learning values underpin our daily life and curriculum, which are:
- Being brave and taking risks – learning happens when we take that important step
- Reflection – thinking about what worked and what to do differently next time
- Teamwork and collaboration – working together to achieve a shared aim
- Independence – owning learning and developing individuality
- Problem solving and exploring – being curious and bringing all knowledge together
- Creativity – resourcefulness, originality and innovation